Through the Storm!
We had an amazing night at FBC. It was a series of events that could never happen again without God’s direct involvement.
1. I was originally supposed to be doing a wedding. The other 4 FOH techs were all occupied with other events and the one scheduled had a perforated ear drum and was sick. As a result of this I got a friend to cover the off-campus wedding so I could cover the weekend services at FBC.
2. We had other conflicts in the Mountain tech people too, leaving us without a tech for this weekend in the childrens area. I called Kaleb Wilcox at TBC and one of his techs, Jeremy, came over to cover our children’s services (cause they are awesome!)
3. As we headed into the 1st service I received a text message from weather warn of a Severe Thunder Storm entering our area. Since this was the first of spring, I reminded staff and leaders of Tornado Warning procedures, assuring them we would not need them.
4. 30 mins into the message the storm was getting louder, about then I got a Tornado Warning text as the warning sirens were activated. I gave instructions to the audience to move to the lower level.
5. We piled the 222 people from the Worship Center into our Children’s Theater & lower hallway in the basement along with a bunch of kids too.
We did the end of the message, plus Bill Horn lead us in a closing worship song, then a few more to pass time while the we waited for the Tornado warning to pass.
Since we were already in the basement and there were more storms brewing, we held the 7pm service in the lower level. Our tech and worship teams did an outstanding job of adapting to make it all happen.
This was a weekend that showed God will move the right people at the right time to make sure his message moves forward, even under the oddest of situations!
camera :: Nikon D7000 | 1/60′s second shutter | ISO 4000 | Spot Metered
lens :: Nikkor 18-55 AF-S VR | set at f/3.5 | Auto AF-A Focus
flash :: unused. (probably should have been…)